Our March meeting was on the 30th, discussion American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.
Food was non-meat with cheese fondue, chocolate fondue, macaroni & cheese, salads and lots of good things to dip.
We also decided on the future books through summer:
April 27 - The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
May 18 - One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
June 22 - Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons by Lorna Landvik
July 27 - Illusion by Frank Peretti
August - The Autobigraphy of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin
Septemeber - Bring a favorite book from childhood to share (from the "deep" discussion of the Giving Tree)
December or sometime in winter - movie night at the yarn shop. Suggested movie - New in Town
Another fun night with good food and discussion!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
March 30th is our next meeting. We will discuss "American Wife" by Curtis Sittenfield.
Everyone should bring:
- A discussion point, or something to share about the book. Can be a question, some research, a project, whatever.
- Food to Share
- Book recommendations for the next few months.
Because of Lent, we are doing a salad style meal:
- Patty – cheese fondue with some things to dip in it
- Sherrin – chocolate fondue with some things to dip in it
- Karen – Oriental Cabbage Slaw
- Julie - salad
- Kim - hot noodle dish
- Dawn - dessert & potato chips for dipping